Who We Are
Where We Are
Come As You Are at Liberty United Methodist Church means being in a relaxed atmosphere where you can come casual or decide to wear your Sunday's best; worshipping God with your family, friends, neighbors and guests; being lifted up by songs of praise; being inspired, encouraged and challenged, and enjoying good food and fellowship after a dynamic church service.
Come As You Are is an invitation to come without having to "dress up" your life and heart. If you're in a good place in life, we'll rejoice with you. If you come feeling battered by life, we'll hug you and pray with you, especially when you are experiencing life challenges and burdens.
After all, Jesus said, "Come to me, all of you who are tired and carrying the weight of the world on your shoulders. I'll give you rest." (Matthew 11:28) This is the Jesus we serve and the one we will introduce to you!
About Us Liberty United Methodist Church is a multi cultural, multi generational church located in Brentwood, Tennessee. We are a growing small congregation with a compassion for ministering and serving others beyound our walls and community. Our mission is to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
Leviticus 16:2 (NIV)
The LORD said to Moses: "Tell your brother Aaron not to come whenever he chooses into the Most Holy Place behind the curtain in front of the atonement cover on the ark, or else he will die, because I appear in the cloud over the atonement cover.
Click here to read more!
UPCOMING SERVICES & ANNOUNCEMENTS
10:00 am - Worship Service
We welcome and give thanks for the ministry of "The Feast Singers" who will be leading in worship.
10:00 am - Communion Worship Service
- Thanks to Tom Gilligan and Dan Leonard for sharing their stories as Christian fathers. We pray that the Men of Liberty were blessed and inspired by their devotion.
- Please join the Liberty family in welcoming our new Director of Youth Ministries, Jacob Wood.
- GraceWorks Ministries - another outreach ministry opportunity. GraceWorks has an urgent need for toilet paper and detergent. We are calling all of our community partners to help us collect these supplies for our neighbors and families that are in need. Toiletry items such as these are not covered by food stamps, and can be difficult for struggling families to purchase. Please join us in gathering these items to fill this immediate need in our community. Donations can be brought to: We will have collection boxes placed in the Narthex at Liberty June 18th and 25th. Gary will deliver them to GraceWorks for us. Thank you Gary!
- Coming soon to Liberty - MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) exists to encourage and support all moms to thrive in their motherhood journey. MOPS offer moms a community of women who will help each other to break down the myth that we have to be perfect to raise great children. For details: http://www.mops.org/forms/FIP_2014.pdf
- Biblical Wisdom for today! Journey with us through the Proverbs during the month of June. Read one Proverb a day beginning on June 1st (there are 31 Proverbs). Write on an index card your favorite verse(s) from the week's reading. Post on wooden cross that will be located in the Narthex.
- Project Transformation volunteer opportunities: July 3, 6, 7 at Antioch UMC. Please contact James Starr, firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.